Followers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Daughter's week !

Happy Daughter’s Week !

I still remember the day 02.02.01 …in the afternoon when the gynecologist came up to me and said you are proud father of a lovely daughter.

Daughter … I thought it would have been a son …whom I would played cricket … watched WWF … and have all those boy things I did when I was young …

We never did the test to know the sex of child …but somewhere I was sure it would be a son …

I was happy to see the little one as I love children but didn’t have the strength to pick her up as a new born…as I was scared I would drop her …

Exactly 3 days later my business colleague cum friend Firoza came to visit the hospital and insisted its nothing to worry and showed me how to hold a new born.

She gave my daughter in my hand as I held her close to my heart … and ever since I have never kept her down … she is very close to my heart ...

Yes my daughter Avantika … oh she entirely took over me from that day …

I had quite a notorious childhood and my youth as the close people know it very well…
But let me tell you the glint in her eyes …her smile bowled me over …she actually tamed me to my mellowed self of today.

We do all kinds of things what probably a son and a father might not have done. Watch movies …cricket … wrestle on the bed ...sing and hear loud music …

Daughters are indeed adorable things …she held my fingers and learnt to walk but actually it was the opposite …she got the love out of me made me more humble and thankful to god … and showed me life can be more beautiful …

My first ever blog is for you Sweetu … as you changed me for what I am today …I don’t know how good I am as a son …but daughters are indeed adorable …

Happy Daughters Week to Everyone !!! Cheers !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Buddy!